Front-End Software Engineer
What we do:
Our mission is to bring world-class healthcare to everyone, everywhere. We are accomplishing this by developing a system that automatically diagnoses medical conditions for physicians and nurses. Physicians are massively over-burdened by legal requirements and inefficient technology, and too often patients slip through the cracks. HealthTensor is the world’s first comprehensive, automated diagnosis tool. Our system diagnoses and documents patient care for review, ensuring no one is overlooked.
We at HealthTensor are excited by challenges, mission-oriented work, and meaningful relationships. Our team is backed by an incredible group of investors, which enables us to work closely with some of the top health systems in the country. We are leading the change that healthcare - one of the largest and most inefficient industries in the world - needs, and we want YOU to join us.
As a Frontend software engineer at HealthTensor, you will build a new generation of physician-focused React/Redux User Interfaces to improve healthcare for providers and patients alike. You’ll collaborate closely with physicians, designers, and other engineers to iterate on diagnostic software integrated in daily physician workflows. Our team always focuses on stability and uptime, quality over quantity.
In a typical week, you may:
- Develop high impact features for physicians and iterate directly with their feedback
- Work closely with the design team to brainstorm and own new products and features
- Harden our existing FE infrastructure to ensure reliability and scalability within the EHR
- Experiment with new libraries and feature ideas to push the envelope of HealthTensor
- Potential to grow full-stack skills like Python/Flask and AWS
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years professional developer experience or equivalent
- Excited about working with a fast-paced, small team in a dynamic startup environment
- Proficient with our common FE frameworks and patterns: React, Redux, Jest, inline styling, Automated workflow testing, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about learning, adapting, improving, and helping your team do the same
- Willing to respectfully debate ideas, take pragmatic approaches, and work hard to accomplish goals with your team
HealthTensor has opportunities to work in Los Angeles, New York, or remotely.
As an independent contributor this role can be fully remote. Roles requiring close collaboration with teams including managers should be willing to relocate to Los Angeles or New York City in the future, but is open to discussion.
HealthTensor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of all ages, races, ethnicities, colors, national origins, genders, gender identities and gender presentations, sexual orientations, disabilities, veteran status, and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. We celebrate diversity and are proud of our supportive, inclusive workplace.remotely
If you’re interested in joining us, please send us an email.