Back-End / DevOps Engineer
What we do:
Our mission is to bring world-class healthcare to everyone, everywhere. We are accomplishing this by developing a computerized system that can automatically diagnose medical conditions for physicians and nurses. Physicians are massively over-burdened by legal requirements and inefficient technology, and too often patients slip through the cracks. HealthTensor is the world’s first comprehensive, automated diagnosis tool. Our system diagnoses and documents patient care for review, ensuring no one is overlooked.
We at HealthTensor are excited by challenges, mission-oriented work, and meaningful relationships. Our team is backed by an incredible group of investors, which enables us to work closely with some of the top health systems in the country. We are leading the change that healthcare - one of the largest and most inefficient industries in the world - needs, and we want YOU to join us.
As a backend and devops engineer at HealthTensor, you’ll be involved in all stages of the infrastructure and deployment lifecycle: participate in idea generation, physician feedback, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping, and iteration. You’ll collaborate closely with engineering, design, and product colleagues to bring new features and products to scale.
In a typical week, you may:
- Develop and deploy new, high impact features for physicians to care for patients
- Implement new diagnostic algorithms based on physician usage and feedback
- Support and own core technical infrastructure to ensure reliability and scalability
- Participate in agile planning, code reviews, and release testing
- Ramp up on new tools, share learnings with teammates, and generate best practices
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years professional developer experience or equivalent
- Excited about working with a fast-paced, small team in a dynamic startup environment
- Proficient with some of our tech stack: Python, AWS, Postgres, Docker, Ansible
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about learning, improving, and helping your team do the same
- Willing to respectfully debate ideas, take pragmatic approaches, and work hard to accomplish goals with your team
- DevOps or Sysadmin experience is a plus
HealthTensor has opportunities to work in Los Angeles, New York, or remotely.
As an independent contributor this role can be fully remote. Roles requiring close collaboration with teams including managers should be willing to relocate to Los Angeles or New York City in the future, but is open to discussion.
HealthTensor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of all ages, races, ethnicities, colors, national origins, genders, gender identities and gender presentations, sexual orientations, disabilities, veteran status, and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. We celebrate diversity and are proud of our supportive, inclusive workplace.
If you’re interested in joining us, please send us an email.