Vice President of Engineering
What we do:
Our mission is to bring world-class healthcare to everyone, everywhere. We are accomplishing this by developing a computerized system that can automatically diagnose medical conditions for physicians and nurses. Physicians are massively over-burdened by legal requirements and inefficient technology, and too often patients slip through the cracks. HealthTensor is the world’s first comprehensive, automated diagnosis tool. Our system diagnoses and documents patient care for review, ensuring no one is overlooked.
We at HealthTensor are excited by challenges, mission-oriented work, and meaningful relationships. Our team is backed by an incredible group of investors, which enables us to work closely with some of the top health systems in the country. We are leading the change that healthcare - one of the largest and most inefficient industries in the world - needs, and we want YOU to join us.
We’re looking for a VP of Engineering to take on the executive responsibilities of managing, leading, and growing the software engineering team. You will play a core role collaborating with engineering and product to continuously improve the organization and processes as we scale up the team.
Responsibilities for the VP of Engineering includes:
- Leading the team through management and mentorship, keeping the team motivated and highly productive; pushes people to be their best
- Scaling the engineering department to a multi-team organization
- Managing engineering recruitment
- Developing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent
- Running one-on-ones, feedback, and reviews for the engineering team
- Recommending technological developments and improvements
To be successful as a VP of Engineering, you should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. Ultimately, a top-notch VP of Engineering should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design to ensure the engineering team hits its goals and is doing excellent work.
Examples of specific relevant experience include (but is not limited to):
- Strong organizational leadership skills
- Experience scaling up engineering teams
- Experience in recruiting engineers and contributors
- Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-orientated platforms.
- Knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management
HealthTensor has opportunities to work in Los Angeles, New York, or remotely.
As an independent contributor this role can be fully remote. Roles requiring close collaboration with teams including managers should be willing to relocate to Los Angeles or New York City in the future, but is open to discussion.
HealthTensor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of all ages, races, ethnicities, colors, national origins, genders, gender identities and gender presentations, sexual orientations, disabilities, veteran status, and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. We celebrate diversity and are proud of our supportive, inclusive workplace.
If you’re interested send us an email.